Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Guate, Guate, Guate"



Kamille, Efrat, and I woke up at four in the morning to catch the sunrise. We realized that the sun wasn't going to come up for a while, so we laid out our blankets on the dewy grass and fell asleep again. Suddenly I awoke to a frog about the size of my hand on my leg--perfect timing!


It kind of looks like a Pankiewicz's nose!
Tilt you head to the left, and you might be able to see the side profile of a face.

I met up with a few other travelers for a lovely day hike up to the top of the nose. There have been a few robberies lately, so I opted to only bring water. Towards the top, there is a small village that harvests corn and coffee. As my fellow hiking buddies and I huffed and puffed our way up the mountain, 60 year old women carried sacs of potatoes up the hill. How they do it so gracefully? I have no idea.

*note: Check out my new fisherman's pants! Super practical for traveling...

San Pedro, Guatemala

2 comments:

  1. these pictures are gorgeous! watching the sun rise is one of my very favorite things to do.
    oh and nice pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! Also, I´ve been feeling the need to create. Let´s learn to make that apron together when I get back.

    ReplyDelete